Found this method to pickle chilis somewhere:
– Score the chili peppers and de-seed them.
– Pour boiling water over the chili peppers in a pan/bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes.
– Heat some rice wine vinegar and add a pinch of caster sugar. Don’t boil.
– Place 4 bay leaves, pinch of salt, handful of full pepper corns in a jar.
– Add the chili peppers to the jar and pour on the rice wine.
– Leave in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
Should be good. Watch this space. …. (and one day I will learn how to take decent photos.)